Graphic design posters for Purdue University – Bioethics Lectures Series
- October 5th, 2011
- Posted in ART (paintings, drawings, mixed media, handmade stuff etc) . graphic design
- Write comment
For the past six years Jonathan Beever and Nicolae Morar, with the support and encouragement of their sponsors, have continued to press the issue of ethics in policy, science and technology at Purdue via the Lectures in Ethics, Policy, and Science (formerly the Bioethics Seminar Series). They intend to build opportunities for engagement between philosophy, policy, and science at a campus-wide level and to raise awareness of the ethical implications of biotechnological development for our environment both local and global. Hosting nationally-recognized scholars brings new perspectives to the Purdue community on these issues. Their objectives for the bioethics seminar series project included the following.
1) Develop interdisciplinary discourse on “hot” issues in science and ethics
2) Educate for intentionality in science and technology development at Purdue
3) Establish connections between Purdue’s science and technology and Indiana University’s Center for Bioethics
4) Involve philosophy in policy and ethics decisions at a campus-wide level
5) Build opportunities for engagement
6) Broaden our scope to include issues of climate change in discussion of bioethics
7) Involve nationally-recognized scholars in diverse discussions of bioethics
I had the opportunity to help them with the design of the posters.
more at: http://www.purdue.edu/bioethics/